Why choose Data Analytics?
- This track focuses on machine learning, microeconometrics and quantitative models, in addition to the 4 general courses of the MSc Econometrics.
- This track is designed with the help of leading big data companies. This way, we make sure that today’s data science developments connect with the econometrics curriculum.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at e.g. the research department of large public and private organisations.
Hi, I'm Catalina! I'm a Master's student in Econometrics from Colombia. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Catalina
Watch Ramon's review of the MSc in Econometrics.
Help organisations make strategic decisions
In the Data Analytics track, you will prepare for a career as a big data specialist in the economics and business environment. Every day, social media and the internet in general generate petabytes of complex data. Unravelling and interpreting relations among this huge amount of data is not an easy job. In this track you will learn how to do this, and make predictions that help business and government shape their strategies and economic policies.
Graduates of the MSc Econometrics can be found in a wide variety of private and public organisations, such as:
- financial institutions and banks
- research departments of large public and private organisations
- public agencies
Is the Master’s in Econometrics for you?
Econometrists help solve economic and societal questions by analysing real data through mathematical and statistical models. In the MSc Econometrics we train you to programme these models and interpret their outcome effectively. If you recognise yourself in the following profile, Econometrics could be the right choice for you:
- You have a strong background in mathematics, statistics, and econometrics.
- You are interested in economics and societal issues.
- You are capable of working independently and in groups.
- You show initiative.
- You are fluent in English.
Are you an ambitous student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Econometrics tracks
Data Analytics is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Econometrics. Take a look at the other tracks.