Why choose Financial Econometrics?
- Focus on the econometric techniques that have been developed for the analysis of financial markets, in addition to the 4 general courses of the MSc Econometrics.
- You have access to up-to-date cases and learnings from the field of financial econometrics. You will be lectured by professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at e.g. major international banks or other financial institutions.
Hi, I'm Catalina! I'm a Master's student in Econometrics from Colombia. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Catalina
Watch Ramon's review of the MSc in Econometrics.
Help organisations manage risks
Financial econometrics is all about applying statistical methods to financial market data. Areas of study include capital markets, financial institutions, corporate finance and corporate governance. Topics often revolve around asset valuation of individual stocks, bonds, derivatives, currencies and other financial instruments.
Graduates of the MSc Econometrics can be found in a wide variety of private and public organisations, such as:
- financial institutions and banks
- research departments of large public and private organisations
- public agencies
Is the Master’s in Econometrics for you?
Econometrists help solve economic and societal questions by analysing real data through mathematical and statistical models. In the MSc Econometrics we train you to programme these models and interpret their outcome effectively. If you recognise yourself in the following profile, Econometrics could be the right choice for you:
- You have a strong background in mathematics, statistics, and econometrics.
- You are interested in economics and societal issues.
- You are capable of working independently and in groups.
- You show initiative.
- You are fluent in English.
Are you an ambitous student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Econometrics tracks
Financial Econometrics is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Econometrics. Take a look at the other tracks.