Why choose Sustainability?
- Make your skill set future-proof and focus on the most relevant societal challenges of today. Learn how to design policies and lead companies that achieve economic prosperity while fostering environmental protection, and the harmonious development of our communities.
- Gain a solid analytical background in both Economics and Business sciences, with a balanced combination of theory, data analysis, and practical applications.
- Learn from professors from the Amsterdam School of Economics and the Amsterdam Business School and work under the supervision of faculty actively involved in cutting-edge research on sustainability themes of highest societal relevance.
Hi, I'm Lorena! I'm a Master's student in Business Economics from Mexico. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Lorena
Watch Antonio's review of the MSc in Business Economics.
Graduates of the Sustainability track of the Master’s programme in Business Economics have excellent job prospects in a variety of private and public organisations, such as:
- National or international consultancy firms;
- Sustainability officer;
- Bureaus for economic analysis;
- National ministries and governmental agencies;
- International organisations, such as EU and OECD.
Is the Master's in Business Economics for you?
This interdisciplinary Master’s track is open to excellent and motivated students with a Bachelor’s in Economics, Business, Climate Science, or related disciplines. It also helps if you show evidence of branching out into other fields of study relevant to sustainability. The basic entry requirements are:
- Sufficient knowledge in Econometrics or Statistics.
- At least one of the following courses (or their equivalent): Microeconomics, Behavioural Economics, Game Theory, Environmental Economics, Sustainable Business.
- Students will also benefit if they have conducted an empirical research project (Bachelor's thesis or equivalent).
Are you an ambitious student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Business Economics tracks
Sustainability is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Business Economics.