Why choose Behavioural Economics?
- Beside the 3 general courses of the MSc Economics in your curriculum, you will have 5 track-specific courses with a focus on the psychology of economic behaviour and interaction.
- You will learn from professors and experts working in a wide range of economic organisations and fields. Therefore, you have access to up-to-date cases and insights from the field of behavioural economics.
- After graduation, you have an excellent job prospect at e.g. national ministries.
Hi, I'm Deniz! I'm a Master's student in Economics from Turkey. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Deniz
Watch Orlando's experiences with the MSc Economics. What is it like to study at UvA? What does he think of the programme, his fellow students and the campus?
Dive into hidden motives and mechanisms
The way in which we frame our problems determines our decisions. In the Behavioural Economics and Game Theory track you learn about the psychological, social and strategic considerations of economic behaviour. Dive into such hidden motives and mechanisms.
Graduates of the Master's programme in Economics/Behavioural Economics and Game Theory track have excellent job prospects for positions as researchers and experts in:
- national ministries and governmental agencies (ministries of finance and economic affairs, economic forecasting agencies, statistical agencies)
- bureaus for policy analysis
Is the Master's in Economics for you?
Studying economics gives you an understanding of the world we live in and its inner workings. If you have a natural interest in what makes the world tick, you have a head start. Economists analyse a situation, weigh up the evidence and draw various conclusions for policy action. A critical, analytical mind and the ability to think logically are crucial, as is having a way with numbers and an affinity for math.
Are you an ambitous student, but do you not yet meet the admission requirements for the Master’s programme? Start our pre-Master’s programme in September and gain all the necessary knowledge and skills to start your Master's.
Explore all MSc Economics tracks
Behavioural Economics and Game Theory is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Economics. Take a look at the other tracks.