Why choose Business Data Science?
- The programme has a strong focus on data science at a higher theoretical level than in a traditional Master's programme.
- In year 2, students focus on a given business sub-discipline, selecting from among:
2) entrepreneurship and innovation;
3) marketing science;
4) human resources and organisation;
5) logistics and supply chain.
The courses have been carefully selected by a team of experts with the aim of ensuring the perfect learning trajectory in each subfield.
- Admissions are highly selective and competitive. A maximum of 30 students are annually admitted to the BDS Research Master's programme. The class-size limit guarantees a high level of interaction in the classroom, detailed feedback, and the support of a strong cohort.
- Students who successfully complete the research master Business Data Science are assisted in finding PhD positions at one of the three partner universities.
- Embedded in the fervid research culture of three leading universities. You benefit from the expertise and research network of these universities.
Is Business Data Science for you?
Business Data Science students are typically hard-working, independent, mathematically skilled, creative and inquisitive. They have the ambition to start an academic career.
The programme is very selective. The selection of students is a careful process and includes an interview with the applicant. Selection is based on:
- Previous education and test results: students usually perform in the top 10-20%;
- Strong motivation to pursue a PhD;
- Recommendation letters to support the application.
The programme prepares students for a PhD trajectory in Business departments at one of the partner schools (EUR, UvA and VU). Students are assisted in finding positions, but the programme cannot guarantee a position for all students. Students who manage to get a PhD position at one of the partner schools are supported in entering the international academic job market through a preparation programme.
The application procedure consists of 4 steps.
1. Follow the deadlines
Make sure to follow the deadlines.
2. Check the entry requirements
The Business Data Science Research Master is a selective programme for students who have the ambition of pursuing a PhD in Business at one of the schools in economics and business of the Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Amsterdam and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. A maximum of 30 students enrol each year. Students are selected by the Admissions Board.
3. Prepare for application
Admissions go through Studielink. During the application process in Studielink you will be asked to provide several pieces of information and documents.
4. Register in Studielink
Studielink is the national online registration system for students who would like to pursue a degree programme at a Dutch university. All students who would like to apply to a programme need to register in Studielink first.